Chiropractic Treatment of Back Pain in Spring, TX
Most commonly felt in the upper or lower back, back pain is experienced by an estimated 31 million Americans at any given time throughout their adult lives. Back pain can be detrimental both physically and mentally as it can affect the completion of everyday tasks such as lifting a toddler, getting a good night’s sleep, or commuting to work. The most common form of back pain is lumbar or lower back pain which is often presents as a temporary episode resulting from an automobile accident, sports injury or lifting heavy objects without the proper support. Lower back pain is thought to be a chronic condition when pain occurs frequently in excess of 12 weeks. Common causes of back pain may include:
- Scoliosis — when bones in the spine become compressed, the result may present as lower back pain.
- Sitting for extended periods of time — sitting at a computer without frequent breaks often results in poor posture which places strain on the back.
- Ligament strains or muscular strain - when muscles in the back are torn or overstretched, the ligaments in the back are affected, resulting in back pain.
- Herniated disc — when a disc in the lumbar region of the back becomes herniated, pain is the result.
The principles of chiropractic care involve addressing back conditions, such as lower back pain, using non-surgical modalities. Therefore, it is critical to seek back pain treatment provided by a board-certified chiropractor, like Dr. Donald Jones II at the Omni Health & Wellness in The Woodlands, TX, as a non-invasive way of restoring mobility and well-being.
When Should I Visit a Chiropractor?
When pain in the back has been experienced for more than two to three months, or you find traditional methods for treatment such as over-the-counter medications or prescriptions have not restored your back health, it may be time to seek the assistance of a chiropractor.
What Types of Therapies or Treatments Are Used?
The primary goal of a chiropractor is to locate symptomatic areas of distress along the spine and make adjustments as required to relieve pain. One of the most common therapies used by chiropractors to treat back pain is spinal manipulation. Common spinal manipulation techniques may include:
- Lumbar roll
- Release work
- Motion palpitation
- Table adjustments
- Flexion-distraction technique
- Pelvic blocking
- Thompson drop table technique
- Soft tissue activator therapy
- Diversified technique
Seeking back pain treatment from a qualified and highly trained chiropractor will start you on a journey to restorative health and wellness. Call Omni Health & Wellness today at (832) 525-8478 to schedule a consultation in The Woodlands and Spring, TX.